Friday, October 28, 2005

TESP : 0 Introduction

I actually started this blog to share a simple raglan sweater pattern, henceforth called "The Easy Sweater Pattern" (TESP). It is a knit-in-one-piece, fit on the go, no-hassle pattern, ideal for the first ever sweater or the 10th. It is astonishingly variable and quite forgiving of accidents and bad decisions.

You can make cardigans with it,
click here for more photos.

But I have also made sweaters and t-shirts and no two look the same. I will post more examples (see links at the bottom) and detailed instructions along the way. If you look at the cardigan, you will see that the raglan part and the increase holes are quite prominent, I like to emphasize this structual detail and make it part of the design. As you can see by the dummy (which is really my size) I am pear shaped with a defined waist. Emphasizing the raglan part broadens the shoulder and the pattern is easy to fit around the bust and waist. Actually I fit it, by trying the stuff on during knitting (needles and all). This pattern is ideal for impatient, lazy knitters, only the most basic measuring required. And if you make the effort to buy the right needle lengths, you don't have to sew it together, it will be finished the moment you drop the last stich.
You can find photos of a t-shirt with basically the same pattern here. Photos of a very old (and very worn) sweater, one of my first, which is very suitable for beginners here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home